BVP believes fundamentally in rigorous mathematics, reading, writing, science, and arts instruction for all scholars, of all backgrounds.
In fact, we believe who they are is an asset in accessing that instruction, and a part of the curriculum for all their peers.
We believe firmly that all scholars can achieve and become successful college students and so we intentionally work to foster a college prep culture. To support this belief that every one of our scholars is college bound, we build elements of college pride into the everyday nuances of our scholars’ days.
- Our classrooms are each named for a college or university.
- Scholars take frequent trips to college campuses as early as kindergarten.
- Our scholars identify not by their grade, but by the year they will graduate from a four-year university.
The academic program at every BVP school includes:
- A strong college culture, diverse student body, and constant celebration of PRIDE values.
- Rigorous standards-based curriculum, inclusive of the arts and physical education.
- Frequent assessments used to drive instruction.
- Consistent research-based instructional practices supported by professional development and supervision.
Would you like to learn more about BVP’s approach to academics?
Watch our video on academics below or visit our elementary, middle, or high school pages.
- “When we say we’re preparing our scholars for the world beyond, we mean it and more so; we mean it for all scholars.”
"BVP is more than a school network. BVP is a diverse community where everyone believes in being a champion for all scholars and striving for excellence!"
The opportunity here at Blackstone Valley Prep is to truly impact change. We are challenging the status quo. With scholars from 4 very different communities, Central Falls, Cumberland, Lincoln, and Pawtucket, all performing very well - at high levels - we’re saying that all students can learn.