Say hello to Danira Ortiz, Blackstone Valley Prep’s new Director of Family and Scholar Engagement. Danira comes to BVP from Coleman Elementary School in Woonsocket where she served as principal for four years. To best appreciate Danira’s “why” — [...]
“When we say we’re preparing our scholars for the world beyond, we mean it and more so; we mean it for all scholars.”
“My family can’t say enough- I'm grateful everyday that my daughter's exposed to high academic rigor, homework, activities, and a community of motivated teachers.”
“Being in a school that makes a point of being intentionally diverse let’s me experience an important facet of the real world now, before it’s time for me to be entirely on my own.”
My scholars are my whole pride and joy, and I am honored to learn and grow from them each and every day. They deserve all the good in the world, and I will do whatever I can to give them a piece of that!
The safety of our scholars, staff, and families remains our highest priority.
- P Perseverance means we work as long and as hard as it takes to be successful.
- R Our community is built on a mutual respect for all opinions and views.
- I Having integrity means being truthful and accountable for ourselves, always.
- D We understand that discipline is the key to success as we strive for high expectations.
- E When you work hard, it is essential to show enthusiasm and find joy in your work.